Skill level required
This sewing lesson is designed for the complete beginner.
What you will learn.
- Understand the parts of the sewing machine and accessories.
- Threading of a sewing machine and winding a bobbin.
- Understand some sewing terminology.
- Stitch straight lines and curves.
- Finish seams
- How to sew darts
- How to press a seam.
- Make a your own tote bag!
What to bring.
- All sewing machines and fabric is provided however please feel free to bring your own machine or fabric if you have something special in mind.
- Tea & Coffee
- Sewing machines and fabric.
- Beginner sewing lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is six so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practise on the sewing machines supplied.