Learn to Sew – Beginners Sewing Lessons
What you will learn.
- Understand the parts of the sewing machine and accessories.
- Threading of a sewing machine and winding a bobbin.
- Understand sewing terminology and how to read a pattern.
- Stitch straight lines, curves and seam finishes.
- Pressing techniques.
What to bring.
- All sewing machines and fabrics are provided however please feel free to bring your own machine or fabric if you have something special in mind.
- Coffee and Tea.
- Sewing machines and fabrics.
- Lessons are run in our cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is six so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practise on the sewing machines supplied.