What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust the pattern to fit your body shape.
- Sew tailors tacks for accurate cutting and marking
- Apply interfacing
- Pressing and tailoring techniques
- Set in sleeves
- Sew and bag out lining
- Mitre corners
What to bring
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Any woven fabric from cotton right through to wool.
- 140cm wide – Short length coat 2.2m – Long length 2.5m.
- Lining – Short length 2m – Long length 2.3m
- Iron on interfacing – 50cm
- Matching thread – 1 large spool for fabric and lining
If you fall outside the size range, please contact me beforehand so we can help adjust the pattern accordingly before the class.
- A copy of the Sapporo Jacket (Valued at $30)
- A glass (or two) of wine on Friday night
- Sushi Lunch on Saturday
- Sewing machines and basic supplies
- Plenty of tea, coffee and cake.
Lessons are run in our cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
Skill level required
This course is for sewers who are looking to advance their skills. You will need to have sewn a few garments before and feel comfortable with cutting fabric, using a sewing machine and basic construction.
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger, and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has a Fashion Design education and was awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.