Daisy Duke Blouse


This is my “Daisy Duke Blouse”. A little bit country and little bit grunge.I made it for the Burdastyle Ultimate Member Model challenge. The deadline for the challenge is today and I just finished sewing on the buttons this morning. Nothing like leaving it all to the last minute!You can vote here if you like it. Burdastyle Ultimate Member Model challenge

The pattern is Burdastyle 109 Gathered peplum Blouse. I got some inspiration from pinterest for the fabric choice and style.The fabric is a soft cotton plaid from The Fabric Store in Fitzroy which I have fallen in love with. Their fabrics are gorgeous and not too expensive. I don’t get over there often as I live on the other side of the river and it’s a bit of a trek to get over there, but so worth it!


When I first started sewing the shirt I thought I’d have it done in no time but then things started to go wrong. More time unpicking than sewing with this blouse.

The back is way too baggy and I made this in the smallest size. I added a couple of darts to fix this. In saying this the pattern does look baggy it’s just not my style.Also, the peplum has too much fabric for my liking so I reduced the amount of gathering. The placket on the cuffs and the collar instructions were a little hard to follow so I referred to my sewing book funnily called The Sewing Book for instructions. This is a great book if you can get pick up a copy of it.

I rumbled around in my sewing room for some buttons and luckily I had some in the same colour wave and the right size. If I were to sew it again, I think I would make the sleeves 3/4 length. Pretty happy with the end results even if it did frustrate me at times.






Share this post

6 replies on “Daisy Duke Blouse

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *