This course is designed for the intermediate to advanced sewer. There will be some homework involved too!
What you will learn:
- Adjusting the pattern for fit
- Where to use interfacings and which ones to choose
- How to sew a crisp collar and smooth pockets
- How to sew a lining
- Grading to give your jacket a polished look
- How to sew a perfect sleeve
- How to make beautiful buttonholes & smooth hems,
- Tips and tricks for fast sewing with a professional finish
What to bring
A full supplies list will be sent out after you make your booking. This blazer requires shoulder pads, sleeve heads and interfacing. You can either purchase these yourself or there is an option when booking to purchase a package which includes these notions.
- Sewing machines
- A Printed copy of Jasika Blazer Sewing Pattern by Closet Case Patterns.
- Cutting table
- Irons including a steam iron
- Expert guidance
- Coffee, tea and snacks.
- Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
Weeks One & Two
- An introduction to the pattern, measuring and sizing.
- Prepare pattern pieces, cut out and mark up fabric for the toile.
- Sew toiles, ready for the fitting process.
- Fittings and alterations. As a group, we will identify fitting issues and corrections to pattern pieces.
- Finish cutting out fabric including lining and interfacing
- Transfer all markings for sewing.
- Homework – finish marking
Weeks Three & Four
- Start to sew and construct your Blazer starting with the pockets, you will be taken through all the tricky bits such as collars, facings, and sleeves.
- Homework – Finish sewing to the point of lining construction.
Weeks Five & Six
- Continue construction
- Shoulder pads
- Buttons and finishing.
- Discuss any fitting or construction issues.
The maximum number of students is six so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to sew and get to know one another. Due to the limited available spaces, registration for this course is non-refundable. Please check your schedule carefully before registering.
There are no reviews yet.