What you will learn.
- Improve on machine sewing skills
- Finishing seams
- Reading and understanding sewing pattern instructions
- Inserting elastic into casings
- Hemming techniques
What to bring.
- 1.5 meters of medium weight cotton fabric (similar weight to quiliting fabric)
- 1 meter of 2.5cm wide elastic
- Thread to match the colour of fabric
Fabric can be purchased from Spotlight, Lincraft or most fabric stores. Take this list and ask for help instore if you are unsure. Please wash and dry your fabric before the class to eliminate any shrinkage
Please provide allergy free snacks, lunch and water bottle for your child. Also, make sure your child is wearing closed toe shoes (no sandals or thongs).
The sewing studio has professional equipment such as sewing machines and irons which is monitored at all times. Due to the potentially dangerous nature of the sewing equipment and tools, our priority is to keep students safe. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure the proper placement of the child with regard to the child’s skill level. If your child needs support at school or is attending a special development school, please let us know before the class as your child may require support by a parent or carer.
All STP instructors have Working with Children Check