St Kilda Melbourne
Learn to Sew – The Annie A-line Skirt.
Over a four week course you will learn how to make your very own Annie A-line skirt with an invisible zipper. In the first week we will meet on an “excursion” at a local fabric shop where you will learn how to choose the correct fabric and how to calculate fabric requirements. Over the following three weeks you will learn how to take your measurements, make a test skirt and alter it to fit your body shape. You will learn how to sew an invisible zipper, seam finishes, pressing techniques and in the last week finish off with a photo shoot for you to share and show off with your friends! Hashtag #amazing!
- Week 1: A two hour excursion, meeting at a local fabric shop to shop for your fabric and supplies. Learn how to choose fabric and calculate your fabric requirements.
- Week 2: Learn how to take your measurements and adjust pattern to fit. . You will cut out your pattern and start sewing your toile. (3 hours)
- Week 3: Adjust pattern according to toil, start sewing your A-Line skirt. Learn how to sew an invisible zipper. (3 hours)
- Week 4: Finish sewing your A-line skirt, a quick photo session so we can show off your skirt on Sew This Pattern website. (2 hours)
What to bring
- For the first week please make sure you bring some money on your excursion to purchase your fabric and a cuppa after.
- Coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided over the following three weeks. Please advise of any allergies.
What you get
- A copy of the Annie A-line skirt pattern and a skirt made by you!
- A small intimate group of three sewers
- A fun excursion!
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills. You have basic sewing skills and have made something like a cushion or a bag but you don’t have the confidence to tackle a pattern and are not sure of the sewing terminology. Perhaps you learnt at school but haven’t sewn in years or you may be more experienced but want to learn some fit and finishing skills.
*Annie has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and over 30 years of sewing experience.