Skill level required
This course is designed for the advanced beginner. If you have completed the Learn to Sew Beginner course or you have had similar experience but want to move on to making your own clothes then this is the perfect course for you. You should feel confident in sewing something like a Tote bag or cushion.
What you will learn
- How to read and use a sewing pattern.
- How to take your measurements and yourself and choose the correct size.
- Fabric layout, markings and cutting.
- Apply interfacing and attach facings.
- Insert zippers.
- Make bias binding and attach binding.
- Hemming techniques including rolled hems.
- French seams.
What to bring.
- All sewing machines are provided however please feel free to bring your own machine if you prefer.
- Fabrics and notions for projects, this will be discussed after booking.
- Coffee and Tea.
- Sewing machines
- Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is five so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practise on the sewing machines supplied.
*Annie has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and over 30 years of sewing experience.
*Annie has also been recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns.