Skill level required
Ideally, you will have completed the Learn to Sew Beginners course or Intro to Sewing Workshop. Or are confident sewing crafty projects.
What you will learn
- How to read patterns
- Sewing Terminology
- Pressing techniques
- Seam and Finishing techniques
- Introduction to the overlocker
- Measuring & Fitting
What to bring.
- All sewing machines are provided however please feel free to bring your own machine if you prefer.
- 2.5 meters of Flannelette or Cotton Fabric for Long PJ’s. (Spotlight, Lincraft or Darn Cheap Fabrics are the best places to shop for these types of fabric).
- 1 meter of 2.5cm waist elastic
- Thread to match fabric
- Fabrics and notions for A-Line skirt will be discussed in first class.
- Patterns, A printed PDF copy of the Annie A-line Skirt pattern and PJ Pattern.
- Sewing machines
- Pins, scissors and tools.
- Coffee and Tea
- Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is five so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practise on the sewing machines supplied.