On Saturday we will start our workshop at 10 am determining sizes, making fit adjustments and marking and cutting our fabric. Lunch is included as well as some afternoon tea and we will sew until 6 pm. Wine and cheese will be served so we can relax and discuss our sewing adventures of the day.
Starting again at 10am on Sunday we will continue on with our jeans making. Lunch is provided and we will sew until you finish your jeans! Stick around for some photos and a glass of champagne to celebrate the making of your awesome Ginger Jeans.
Skill level required
This course is designed for the advanced beginner to intermediate sewer. You should be comfortable using a sewing machine and sewing patterns.
What you will learn
- How to read, use, and modify a sewing pattern
- Basic pattern alterations.
- How to prep, cut, and mark fabric
- How to sew patch and front jeans pockets
- How to sew a fly front on your jeans
- How to sew a jeans waistband
- Topstitching tips
- How to install jeans hardware including a jeans button and rivets
- How to overlock seams
What to bring.
- All sewing machines are provided however please feel free to bring your own machine if you prefer
- 2-3 metres of stretch denim with at least 2% elastane. Please pre-wash and press.
- 0.5 metre fusible interfacing
- 1/2 metre cotton lining
- 1 spool of topstitching thread
- 1 spool of regular polyester thread
- If you don’t have time to shop for your supplies, you can purchase from the studio. Please contact me before the workshop.
- Sewing machines
- A copy of Closet Case Ginger Jeans Pattern
- Jeans zippers
- Jeans rivets and buttons and all of the tools needed to make and finish your jeans professionally
- Cutting table
- Irons including a steam iron
- Expert guidance
- Cheese and wine on Saturday night
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Afternoon tea
- Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is four so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to sew and get to know one another. Due to the limited available spaces, registration for this workshop is non-refundable. Please check your schedule carefully before registering.
*Please be aware that in order for a Weekend Workshop to be held, a minimum of two students need to be enrolled. If we do not get the minimum registration needed, the class will be cancelled and in the rare event that we need to cancel a workshop for which you are registered, you will receive a full refund.*