What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust pattern to fit your body shape.
- Seam finishes
- Hand sewing
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
- Depending on which view you sew you will need between 2.3 and 3.75 meters of fabric (contact for more details).
- Fabric : A light/medium weight woven fabric with drape. Linen, Chambray, Tencel, Rayon, Batiste, Crepe de Chine, Silk, Chiffon, Challis
- Interfacing (1 meter)
- Thread to match
- A light sushi lunch, coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided. Please advise of any special dietary requirements.
- A copy of the Charlie Caftan Pattern
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
- A champagne to celebrate at the end of the workshop!
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills and have made something like a simple top or skirt but want to take your sewing to the next level and learn new skills. This is a perfect course if you have completed the 4 week Beginners sewing course.
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.