What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust the pattern to fit your body shape.
- Seam finishes
- Hand sewing
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
- Depending on which view you sew you will need between 2.3 and 3.75 meters of fabric (contact for more details).
- Fabric : A light/medium weight woven fabric with drape. Linen, Chambray, Tencel, Rayon, Batiste, Crepe de Chine, Silk, Chiffon, Challis
- Interfacing (1 meter)
- Thread to match
- A light sushi lunch, coffee, tea, and light snacks will be provided. Please advise of any special dietary requirements.
- A copy of the Charlie Caftan Pattern valued at $29
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills and have made something like a simple top or skirt but want to take your sewing to the next level and learn new skills.
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.