What you will learn:
- Selecting pattern size
- Flat pattern alterations
- Cutting and marking patterns
- Sewing Darts
- Pocket construction
- Attaching a Waistband
- Buttonhole closure
- Pressing techniques
What to bring:
- Woven fabric. Light weight to medium poplin, linen, linen blends, cotton, cotton blends, tencel, chambray or similar drape. Feel free to contact Annie for more details.
1.3 meters of 150cm wide fabric or 1.8 meters of 115cm wide fabric
- Polyester thread to match the garment.
- 2 x 1.5cm buttons
- 20cm of Lightweight fusible interfacing
- A copy of the Flint Pants Pattern by Megan Nielsen valued at $24
- A glass of wine on Friday night
- Sushi platter lunch on Saturday
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, and snacks.
Skill level required
This course is designed for the confident beginner. You have basic sewing skills and have made something like a simple A-line but want to take your sewing to the next level and learn new skills.
About your instructor
Mel is the Owner and Creator of Wearable STUDIO. Mel has years of sewing experience and has recently graduated in pattern making from the Melbourne Fashion Institute. Mel loves to sew everything from stretch to woven and has a wealth of knowledge to pass on! “Sewing and pattern making is what I love the most. I enjoy nothing more than spending a cosy afternoon tucked away in my own world, crafting away. I love creating patterns for my customers.”