Skill level required
Ideally, you have completed Learn to Sew – Your own clothes course of having a similar ability. You’ve sewn something like a pair of PJ’s or simple skirt before.
What you will learn.
- Taking Measurements to choose the correct size
- Flat pattern adjustments
- Stabilising seams
- Overlocking seams
- Stretch sewing techniques
- How to attach rib banding
- Perfect neckband size
What to bring.
-Fabric: A French Terry sweatshirt fabric with a cotton/viscose or cotton/elastane blend to give it a really soft feel. 1.5meters
Jersey knit ribbing for banding
Polyester thread to match (you may wish to bring 4 spools of overlocking thread to match – only basic colours such as black, white, cream and blue are provided).
20cm of iron-on interfacing
Dental Floss – Optional (For gathering)
- Soho Sweater Pattern
- Basic coloured overlocking thread
- Sewing Machines and 2 overlockers are provided however, you can bring your own machine and overlocker along if you prefer.
- All tools required such as scissors, pins, measuring tapes etc.
- Sewing machines and basic supplies
- Sushi Lunch, tea and coffee
- Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is four so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practice on the sewing machines supplied.
About your instructor
Annie is the head honco of Sew This Patterns and is the designer of the STP patterns. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and over 30 years of sewing experience. Annie was also awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, in 2018 from Simplicity patterns.