What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust the pattern to fit your body shape.
- Accurate cutting and marking
- Create a neat pointed collar
- Sew Buttonholes
- Attach sleeves
- Mock felled seams
What to bring
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium- and light-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, lighter weight denim, fine needlecord, double gauze, linen blends, viscose (rayon), shirting cotton.
Fabric – Shirt: All Sizes – 2m (2 1/4 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 2.6m (2 7/8 yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 1-4 – 2.2m (2 3/8 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm (45in) wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 5-8 – 2.6m (2 7/8 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 10–13mm (3/8–1/2in) buttons x 10 (for shirt) or x 12 (for shirt dress)
- Iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 spools of contrast topstitching weight thread and topstitching/embroidery needle for your machine
- A copy of the Rosa Patten(Valued at $30)
- Sewing machines and basic supplies
- A glass of wine on Friday night
- Sushi Lunch Saturday and lunch at Hanoi Hannah. on Sunday.
- Tea, coffee and afternoon tea
Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
Skill level required
This course is for sewers who are looking to advance their skills. You will need to have sewn a few garments before and feel comfortable with cutting fabric, using a sewing machine and basic construction.
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger, and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.