Skill level required
Ideally, you have completed Learn to Sew – Your own clothes course of having a similar ability. You’ve sewn something like a pair of PJ’s or simple skirt before.
What you will learn.
- Fitting and grading pattern to fit
- Flat pattern adjustments
- Interfacing application
- Pressing techniques
- Overlocking seams
- Zipper insertions
- Waist facings
What to bring.
- Fabric and notions for your garments (a full list will be provided upon booking)
- Sew Over It Ultimate Skirt Pattern (Valued at $30)
- Sewing machines and basic supplies
- A glass of wine on Friday night and a Sushi Lunch on Saturday
- Lessons are run in my cool little studio in Elsternwick, right near the train station.
The maximum number of students is four so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practise on the sewing machines supplied.
*Annie has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and over 30 years of sewing experience.
*Annie has also been recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns.