What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust pattern to fit your body shape.
- French seams
- Rolled hem
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
- 2.2 metres of fabric
- Fabric : A light/medium weight woven fabric with drape. Cotton/silk blend voile, cotton voile or rayon are great options.
- Thread to match
- BYO lunch or some cash to buy some lunch at one of the cool cafes in Elsternwick.
- Coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided
- A copy of the Venus Kimono Pattern
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
- A champagne and photo shoot at the end of the workshop
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills and have made something like a simple top or skirt but want to take your sewing to the next level and learn new skills. This is a perfect course if you have completed the 4 week Beginners sewing course.
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.