What you will learn.
- How to take you measurements
- Alter your pattern to fit your body shape
- How to sew an invisible zipper
- Interfacing applications
- Sew pockets
- Attach a waistband
- Sew a pleat
- Seam finishes and pressing techniques for a professional finish
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
- Fabric, Choose a light to medium weight woven fabric with a soft drape. The culottes have an inverted pleat at the centre front which will hang beautifully in a light weight wool or silk crepe, rayon, polyester or light weight satin.
Size 6-12 you will need 1.8 meters of 115cm wide fabric or 1.5m of 150cm wide fabric.
Size 14-18 you will need 2.2 meters of 115cm wide fabric or 1.6m of 150cm wide fabric.
- 18cm – 21cm zipper
- Iron on Interfacing for waistband
- Thread to match
- Hook & eye optional
- Please BYO lunch or you can pop out to one of the cool cafes in Elsternwick for a quick lunch
- Coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided
- A copy of the Velo Culottes Pattern
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.