What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust pattern to fit your body shape.
- Insert an invisible zipper
- Seam finishes
- Understitch technique
- Hemming and Pressing techniques
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
- 1.3cm of a medium-weight, woven fabric for your skirt. Cotton, Cotton blends, light weight wool and denim work well. Please contact me for further information if required.
- 18cm invisible zipper
- Thread to match
- 50cm of light to medium weight fusible interfacing
- A copy of the Annie A-line skirt pattern
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills. You have basic sewing skills and have made something like a pair of PJ’s or a simple elastic waist skirt but you don’t have the confidence to tackle a pattern and are not sure of the sewing terminology. Perhaps you learnt at school but haven’t sewn in years or you may have a little sewing experience but want to learn some fit and finishing skills.
*Annie has a Fashion Arts education and over 30 years of sewing experience and was awarded the Simplicity Dressmaker of the Year Award in 2018.