Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills. Ideally you have basic sewing skills and have made something like a cushion or a bag .
What you will learn.
- Calculating measurments and transferring to a pattern
- Draft a basic skirt with waistband pattern
- Finishing seams and using an overlocker
- Gathering techniques
- Adding a waistband
- Inserting a lapped zipper and hook and eye
What to bring.
- Enough fabric for your skirt. Twice the desired length of your skirt. Please contact me for more advice.
- An 18cm zipper matching your fabric
- Thread to match
What you get
- Coffee, Tea and light lunch. Please advise of any special dietry requirments.
- A small intimate group of 4 sewers
- A fabulous skirt made by you and a champagne to celebrate!
Lessons are run in my new studio in Elsternwick, Melbourne. The maximum number of students is four so each student will get personalised instructions and plenty of time to practise on the sewing machines supplied. If you have your own machine, you are welcome to bring it along.
*Annie has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and over 30 years of sewing experience.
*Annie has also been recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns.