What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust the pattern to fit your body shape.
- How to choose the correct fabrics
- Accurate cutting of lace
- Machine and hand sewing stitching techniques for lace
- Attaching straps
- Cup Construction
- Attaching elastics
- Adding Hooks and Eyes
- Sewing Gussets
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own
- Stretch lace: 1.4 meters of 22cm wide lace or 2.3 meters of 15cm wide lace (15cm wide is only suitable for bust sizes 32-36)
- Underling for cups (Optional) 30cm of stretch net, stretch tulle or lightweight T-shirt material
- Picot edge elastic, 1.4m of 1.3cm or 1cm
- Strap Elastic, 1.2m of 1.3cm
- If adjustable straps are required, 2 rings and 2 sliders in same width as strap elastic
- 15cm of Hook and Eye tape for back fastener (Optional)
- Stretch Lace, 2 meters of 22cm or 15cm wide lace.
- Gusset lining, 20cm x 30cm piece of soft cotton fabric
- Picot edge elastic, 1.3cm or 1 cm wide: 1 meter
- Stretch Lace, 1 meter of 22cm wide or 15cm wide lace.
- 40cm x 15cm stretch tulle for lining
- 2 meters of Picot edge elastic
- 1.6m of Strap Elastic
- 4 x sliders and 4 x suspenders to fit the width of the strap elastic
- Bra hook and eye set, 3.8cm wide
Fabric and supplies can be purchased from the stores listed. If you have problems finding your supplies, please contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who are confident beginners. You’ve sewn a few things already and are eager to learn new skills or you are confident sewing woven fabric but would like to expand your repertoire.
About your Instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.