What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust the pattern to fit your body shape.
- How to choose the correct fabrics
- Accurate cutting
- Stabilising stretch fabric
- Stretch stitching techniques
- Fitting stretch to avoid gaping
- Attaching sleeves
- Create ruched details with elastic
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
Fabric – 1.5m x 150cm wide for all sizes
1.5m x 115cm wide for sizes 1-5
OR 2.3m x 115cm wide for sizes 6-8.
• Matching thread
• 25cm x 6-8mm wide clear elastic, ribbon or stay tape to stabilise the shoulders.
• Optional: 0.5m x 5mm wide woven or braided elastic for the ruched sleeves and neckline.
Light- to medium-weight stretch knit fabrics, such as cotton jersey, viscose jersey or wool jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 25% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching
- A copy of the Agnes Pattern
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
- Coffee, Tea, and snacks.
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who are confident beginners. You’ve sewn a few things already and are eager to learn new skills or you are confident sewing woven fabric but would like to expand your repertoire into stretch fabrics.
About your instructor
Annie is an Indie pattern designer, blogger, and head honcho at Sew This Pattern. Annie has been sewing since she was a young teen and has over 30 years of sewing and design experience. She has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and was recently awarded a Dressmaker of the Year Award, 2018 from Simplicity patterns. Annie’s style of teaching is fun and full of fantastic tips to help take your sewing skills to the next level.