What you will learn.
- How to take your measurements and adjust pattern to fit your body shape.
- Insert a zipper
- Sew Pockets
- Facings and Understitching
- Hemming and Pressing techniques
What to bring
- Bring along your sewing machine if you prefer to use your own.
- 2.3m of a medium-weight, woven fabric for your dress.
Fabric : A light/medium weight woven fabric with small amount of elastane is recommended such as a Cotton Sateen. Please contact me for further details.
- – 1 x 51 – 56cm zipper
- Lightweight iron on interfacing
- Bias binding optional for facing trim
- Thread to match
- Hook & eye optional
- Please BYO lunch or you can pop out to one of the cool cafes in Elsternwick for a quick lunch.
- Coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided
- A copy of the Daphne Day Dress Pattern
- Sewing machines to use (or bring your own if you want)
Skill level required
This course is designed for sewers who have had some basic sewing skills. You have basic sewing skills and have made something like a simple A-line but want to take your sewing to the next level and learn new skills.
*Annie has her Fashion Design and Production Certificate and over 30 years of sewing experience and was recently awarded the Simplicity Dressmaker of the Year Award.